Remote Learning Site Grantees Announced
The NC Alliance of YMCAs announced on October 19, 2020, that 116 organizations statewide with 287 remote learning sites have been approved for a remote learning site grant made possible by HB 1105, Coronavirus Relief Act 3.0. The law, in part, allocated $19.85 million for community-based organizations (CBOs) across the state to apply for grants for federal COVID-relief funding. Together these organizations will serve about 14,000 students across the state. All eligible applications were approved. The Remote Learning Site grantees are listed here.
Per the legislation, the NC Alliance of YMCAs, with the YMCA of the Triangle as its fiscal agent, is administering the grant program that enables NC YMCAs, YWCAs, Boys and Girls Clubs, county and municipal parks and recreation departments, and qualifying CBOs in North Carolina to apply for funding. All grantees meet the legislature's criteria to serve as a CBO, including a signed MOU/contract with their school district/charter schools, an expansion of their child care license or registered with the NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
RESOURCES FOR GRANTEES
- C-1 Progress Report (see sample below)
- C-2 Reimbursement Request (see sample below)
- Instructions for Documentation for C-2
- NC Grant Action Chart
- FAQ for Remote Learning Site Grantees UPDATED10/22/20 Check back here for updates before completing forms to be sure you have the most current information.
- Recording of October 21st Webinar Passcode: s+66Lher
- October 21st Webinar Slides
- Sample C-1
- Sample C-2
- Press Release Template: if you wish to announce your grant award, update the yellow highlighted fields withe the pertinent information for your organization. (10/19/20)
- Links included in the Grant Agreement:
- CARES Act Language https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/3548/text
- Uniform Administrative Guidance, etc. https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=60623b20e6213558b4aa6ab7eb76b619&node=2:126.96.36.199.1.2&rgn=div6
- Guidance issued by DOT 9/2 https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Coronavirus-Relief-Fund-Guidance-for-State-Territorial-Local-and-Tribal-Governments.pdf
- FAQ https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Coronavirus-Relief-Fund-Frequently-Asked-Questions.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
- NC Administrative Code http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/title%2009%20-%20governor%20and%20lt.%20governor/chapter%2003%20-%20state%20budget%20and%20management/subchapter%203m/subchapter%203m%20rules.html
- FAQs: Remote Learning Support Grants for NC Community-based Organizations (Updated 9/25/20, 8:30 am)
- Subrecipient Grant Award Schedule
- Informational Webinar Slides (9/24/20)
- Information Webinar Recording Passcode: baq1vg*5
- What's a DUNS number? How to get one if needed...
- NC Coronavirus Relief Fund Frequently Asked Questions for Funding Distributed to Nonprofits per S.L. 2020-4
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Private Nonprofit Organizations
- Hospitals and Nonprofits Distribution of the Coronavirus Relief Fund (There is a lot of information here about hospitals not relevant to this grant, but general nonprofit, reporting, etc. information may be helpful.)