The state's YMCAs have joined forces to deliver collective impact for North Carolina individuals and families.
We are working to bring chronic disease prevention programs to our communities in a setting that offers unparalleled social support for making important lifestyle changes.
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
- LiveStrong at the Y
- Moving for Better Balance (falls prevention)
- Enhance Fitness (arthritis treatment)
- Blood Pressure Self Monitoring
- Healthy Weight and Your Child (childhood obesity prevention)
- Statewide Pioneering Healthier Communities
- Summer Learning Loss Prevention
- After School Programming
- Overnight Camping
YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
Are YOU one of the 2.5 million North Carolinians at risk?
If you’re at risk for type 2 diabetes, you can make small, measurable changes that can reduce your risk and help you live a happier, healthier life. Change is tough—we can help.
In 2013, the NC Alliance of YMCAs received Robert Wood Johnson Foundation funding through the YMCA of the USA to launch North Carolina’s Statewide Pioneering Healthier Communities (NCSPHC) project. This two-year project sought to reduce the incidence of childhood obesity through statewide policy, systems and environmental change, and supported the state’s Eat Smart, Move More North Carolina movement.