The North Carolina Alliance of YMCAs is an unincorporated coalition of 26 YMCA Associations. Alliance membership is open to all NC YMCAs.
The purpose of the Alliance is to:
- Foster statewide communication and cooperation among YMCAs.
- Gain consensus on issues of importance to the YMCA.
- Make policy and decision makers aware of the YMCA’s mission and programs, and gain recognition as a leader on issues that affect children and families.
- Advocate on behalf of the children and families served by the YMCA
- Protect the operating integrity of the YMCA organization in order to carry out its mission.
To that end, YMCA staff and policy volunteers work with key decision makers in their municipalities, counties, and at the state and federal levels to advance the mission of the YMCA. The Alliance has bylaws and a formal organizational structure.
Sheree, Walt and Molly provide resources to support YMCAs across the state in:
- board development/governance
- strategic planning
- networking among Alliance Ys
- shared services and mergers
- CEO and CVO onboarding.
Sheree serves the larger YMCA associations in the state (YMCA of Greater Charlotte, YMCA of the Triangle, YMCA of Northwest NC, YMCA of Greensboro, YMCA of Western NC) and leads all public policy work and statewide collaborations. ·
Walt serves the Bertie County YMCA, Eastern Carolina (Twin Rivers) YMCA, Henderson Family YMCA, Goldsboro Family YMCA, J. Smith Young Family YMCA in Lexington, the Randolph-Asheboro YMCA, the Rocky Mount Family YMCA, Tom A. Finch YMCA in Thomasville, Wilson Family YMCA, and the YMCA of High Point. ·
Molly serves Alamance County Family YMCA, Cannon Memorial YMCA, Cleveland County YMCA, Gaston County Family YMCA, Stanly County Family YMCA, Williams YMCA of Avery County, YMCA of Catawba Valley, and YMCA of Rowan County, YMCA of Southeastern NC, YMCA of the Sandhills and Blue Ridge Assembly.